How to Enter
It is easy to participate in the 5th Annual Holiday Storefront Decorating Contest. There is no cost, just give us your information so you are on the list to stop by and judge. You don’t need to have your theme decided, but if you know what it will be that is helpful for us!
Please include the following information in your email:
- Name of Business
- Decorated Storefront Address
- Contact Person email and phone #
How it Works
Dust off your supplies and get ready! Decorations need to be installed and ready for viewing the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, November 27th at 4:00 pm, and should remain on display through December 25th. Businesses can partner with each other, or an artist or charity, but must clearly state that on the application.
On Tuesday evening November 27th our secret panel of judges will be making the rounds and selecting the winners for the Best Holiday Window Decoration. So be sure your windows are bright, well illuminated and festive during that time.
We will announce the winners of the Window Decorating Contest on Thursday, November 29th on this web page, on Facebook and Instagram and we will continue to promote participating businesses through December 25.
Plaques will be awarded in each category:
- Ebenezer Scrooge Best Overall Award
- Tiny Tim Biggest Heart Award
- Ghost of Christmas Past Old Timey Family Christmas Award
- Charles Dickens: Most Original
- Mr. Fezziwig’s Fabulously Funny Award
Judging & Awards Judging criteria: All entries will be judged on the following:
- Overall Creativity (50%)
- Arrangement of lights or placement of decorations (10%)
- Adherence to theme (15%)
- Overall presentation and “wow-factor” (25%)