How to Enter
It is easy to participate in the 4th Annual Holiday Storefront Decorating Contest. There is no cost, just give us your information so you are on the list to stop by and judge. You don’t need to have your theme decided, but if you know what it will be that is helpful for us!
Please include the following information in your email:
- Name of Business
- Decorated Storefront Address
- Contact Person email and phone #
How it Works
Dust off your supplies and get ready! Decorations need to be installed and ready for viewing by Tuesday, November 21st at 4:00 pm, and should remain on display through December 25th. Business can partner with each other, or an artist or charity, but must clearly state that on the application.
On Tuesday evening November 21st our secret panel of judges will be making the rounds and selecting the winners for the Best Holiday Window Decoration. So be sure your windows are bright, well illuminated and festive during that time.
This year’s contest also includes a People’s Choice Award. Once your windows are decorated, start your individual promotions. Let everyone know about your decorations and to vote for your business. Voting will be from Nov 22nd through midnight Dec 8th. Shannon York will announce the People’s Choice winner during her on state performance on Dec. 9th. and will immediately be added to this website. Feel free to create incentives for people to visit your business and vote. Voting for the People’s Choice Award will take place online. Each participating business will receive a flyer to place in their window directing people where to go to vote.
We will announce the winners of the Window Decorating Contest on Saturday, November 25th prior to lighting of the tree and we will continue to promote participating businesses through December 25.
Winners have been announced!
Plaques will be awarded for each category:
- Ebenezer Scrooge Best Overall Award – Southerndipidy
- Tiny Tim Biggest Heart Award – Blue Ridge Bird Seed Company
- Ghost of Christmas Past Old Timey Family Christmas Award – Harry Norman Realty
- Charles Dickens: Most Original – Blue Ridge Mountain Mall
- Mr. Fezziwig’s Fabulously Funny Award – Jumping Mouse Beads
- People’s Choice Award – Voting still open
Judging & Awards Judging criteria: All entries will be judged on the following:
- Overall Creativity (50%)
- Arrangement of lights or placement of decorations (10%)
- Adherence to theme (15%)
- Overall presentation and “wow-factor” (25%)
Peoples Choice Voting
Please email your choice no later than midnight Dec. 8th. One vote per email address please.