Our 2018 Entries
We are in the process of changing our categories for 2019.
Will post them as soon as possible.
Below are the categories we used in 2018.
- Professional – Baker, Restaurant, Culinary School, Caterer
- Business & Organization – Any Business or Organization within tri-state area
- Adult Individual – 18 years & over
- Youth Individual – 17-13 ages
- Kids – 12 & under group or individual
- Fine Artist (New this year)
- Delivery of houses: November 27th, between 3 and 5:00 pm
- Judging: Morning of November 29th with plaques placed by the winning Gingerbread Houses at that time.
- Peoples Choice will be announced in the newspaper after December 15, 2019.
- House pick up: December 15th between 10am and 4pm
*Gingerbread base is to be no larger than 18 by 18 inches.
All Entries will be on display to the public from 12 noon Friday, November 29th
through noon December 15th.
Gingerbread Village is on display at The Arts Center
While there be sure to VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE for People’s Choice award!
Voting closes 5 pm. Dec 15th
TIP & TRICKS for Gingerbread House Success
Check out these great links for helpful hints on making your best Gingerbread House:
- King Arthur Flour – Gingerbread House Construction and Decorating Tips
- Wilton – Gingerbread House Tips & Tricks
- About.com – Tips for Building a Gingerbread House with Kids
- Gingerbread House Haven – Low-Stress Gingerbread House Construction
- Pinterest – Gingerbread Houses
- Baking Outside The Box – Gingerbread Houses: Tips & Ideas