Light Up Blue Ridge is held the Saturday after Thanksgiving
This year Blue Friday will be November 27th
and Light Up will be November 28th
The GREAT TREE is back! It is 27 foot tall, a sight that will WOW children and adults alike. Friday is BLUE Friday, when all merchants will be offering discounts and the downtown will be filled with live entertainment throughout the day. A full day of fun begins on Saturday when Tuba Christmas performs as Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive in a horse drawn sleight at 11:45 a.m. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be in the holiday parade immediately following their arrival. Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus and have photos taken in the gazebo in downtown Blue Ridge.
- Activities will include petty zoo, pony rides, children’s trackless train rides, Balloon Lady “Nancy Fangles”, sand art and much more.
- Food vendors will surround the park.
- Gingerbread House Contest
- Window Decorating Contest
- Lighting of the “Great Tree” takes place at 7:00p.m.
- Our headliner will be none other than Emily Carey.
There is no better shopping than downtown Blue Ridge the Friday after Thanksgiving. Come for the weekend, with shopping on Friday and a full day of activities on Saturday culminating with the lighting of our “Great Tree” Saturday evening.